Today I’d like to redo my Meet Beau post from so long ago. Or short ago. Some time ago? It’s June, right? You see, it’s February-ish (I’ll have to check my notes) in Opalescent Immersion. Part of what I’ll do in my third draft (If I ever get the second draft done), is make sure it’s February and the temperature and clothing selections reflect that. Which is hard when it’s June and I’d much rather talk about shorts. Anyway. Such is the life of a writer. Moving forth.
Okay, I want to do this post a little differently than my other Meet the Character posts. Not sure if I’ll like it, but ya never know until you try, right?
Beau Winguard. How do I love thee? Let me count the ways.
- He surfs the waves of sky and sea.
- He loves Charlotte for exactly who she is.
- Beau and Charlotte come and go and do their own things, but they always fall back on each other.
- He loves his family.
- He’s a spy for his kingdom.
- He does what’s best for others first.
- He fights for what’s right.
- He gives Charlotte a name and a song just for them.
- He reminds her. (One of my all time favorite lines of the Endeavor Series, is in MT (Malignant Transfiguration) when Charlotte says, “I am reminded.” That’s still swoon worthy to me, and I’ve read that part over and over and over and over and over (hang on, I better stop embarrassing myself).
- He’s Beau.
Beau had a bit of a rough time in AT (Apex Transcendence), but in OI (Opalescent Immersion) we finally get to have some good, quality time with him (Wait, I mean Charlotte does. Charlotte. Not me. Not us. Wait, who am I kidding?) as he heals and decides what to do next in his life. One of my favorite parts about OI is that for the end of the book, Beau is his winged bird self, and Charlotte is a mermaid. Yes, I’m going there in my not too graphic, yet not too lollipops way.
Anyway, I have a confession about Beau that is going to come up in a future confessional vlog. (I have a confessional already made for this month, but there will be more!) It’s a silly creation story, and I cannot wait to share it.
And also, I think it’s time for Beau to have more story, don’t you? I mean, I know this is Charlotte’s story, and Beau is one of my least demanding characters, but I think it’s time. So look out for more Beau in OI, and even more in the 5th book. I know you don’t prefer the spotlight, buddy boy, but it’s going to happen and I won’t allow you to fly off.
I hope you all have a great weekend. Next week look out for a short vlog on Wednesday and a new story from Hugo and Amadahy on Friday. (I woke up with the new scene in my head. Can’t wait to write it!!!)
Love the Winguard